Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 17: More Frog



These frogs were my maternal grandmother’s. She had a small curio cabinet that she kept about 10 little keepsakes. I was always obsessed with this one and every time we went to her house I begged her to let me play with it. She never did and the one time I snuck it out, she knew it! One day about three years ago, I was at her house and she told me she thought it was about time I had the frogs. To be honest, I didn’t have a clue what she was talking about, I had not thought of them in years upon years. When I finally figured it out, I went and got them and they’ve lived in a nook above my fireplace. My grandmother is quite senile now, but she knows I have them and still asks me about them from time to time when I see her.

And the dust.. that’s original grandma dust, I’ve never cleaned them. I’m not sure why, I’m expect they won’t break. :)

5 comments:

  1. What a cool story. It's amazing what old people do remember! I guess we will all get there sometime.
    The picture itself would benefit from being a little lighter, but it's a very cute subject...

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute with a nice background story

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think what I like about the frog ornament is the extra detail of the newspaper. The commentary you've included today adds to the specialness and significance of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute froggies! and I lol@ original grandma dust :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what a special froggie set it is then, from your Grandma.
    They are so cute, the little ones look a handful and full of mischief.

    ReplyDelete