Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 12: It lives!



I’m going to do my very best to get this done the next four days. I have all day training all four days and it’s tough to come home and try to be inspired when I all want to do is take a bath and go to bed! Hopefully, it won’t break me. :)

Here is a photo of one of my favorite living things. She’s been with me since 1996 and lived through three other dogs, two crazy roommates, two craptastic boyfriends, a husband, and a baby. She’s been one of the few consistent things in my crazy life and I’m going to sorely miss her for all my years when she’s not with me anymore.

In her younger years she was jet black, from the eyeballs all the way to the tip of the tail. Her coat has always been shiny and I tried highlighting her gray and blowing out her black coat with a crazy flash. I don’t think I did what I was going for, but I’m without the patience to keep messing with it.

8 comments:

  1. Your dog looks like she could be related to mine! They're in this thread: http://www.worth1000.com/stories/thread.asp?cid=30&eid=481966
    So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww! That face calls for a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nice! She looks so friendly and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing that'll love you as much or as unconditionally as an old dog. They are the best.
    -mrnelson

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful, wise, patient and kind companion she looks. She could tell some tales I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet and heart felt shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks like a true friend. I hope you can enjoy eachothers company for many more years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks like a lovely dog. Old friends are the best friends, aren't they? Bet she's as faithful to you as anything! Great portrait of her and I love the grey whiskers!

    ReplyDelete