Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 2: The bear



It’s funny, now that I’m looking around my house for things that have a story or sentimental value, I’m finding it hard to choose which 30! This is one of the things that makes me smile a bit every time I see it. The bear’s name is Oliver. I received him as a gift when I was less than a year old. When I was a kid, Oliver went just about everywhere with me and I would not go to the doctor and get a shot without him. Eventually I outgrew Ollie, but I never got rid of him.

He’s pretty much lived on a shelf until my daughter was born which is when Oliver became a transvestite. The dress he is wearing is my daughter’s very first dress that she wore to see Santa when she was about six days old. The shoes didn’t quite fit Ollie, so they just have to sit next to him.

And so you don’t have to ask… the picture is of me (the front) and my best girlfriend from about six years ago. We happened across some tickets to WWE King of the Ring and decided we needed to properly celebrate. We watched Monday Night RAW and took a shot each time they said KoTR. Needless to say, we were pretty wasted. That was a self portrait that I tried to take and literally fell into her trying to beat the camera timer. Good times, and a good reason I stay away from drink now a days. :)

11 comments:

  1. A lovely photo with a nice explanation to go with it. Thank you for explaining about the photo and the shoes and especially the dress - I was confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this sue. Very interesting theme, and what a way for us to get to learn more about you. Thanks so much for sharing. And you are doing great so far. Keep it up. I'm glad you explained where Ollie picked up the dress from. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaawww, what a cute bear story, and I like how he adapts to the situation, depending on the needs of the child. Great job. Love that graduated background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, didn't I comment here??
    Anyway, nice lighting, great stories! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely photo and memory. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ollie looks a sad sort of teddy bear, he does look good in a dress though...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ollie's expression is so cute, like he's just tolerating having to wear a dress. Nice muted lighting! Thanks for the stories, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful image. Well composed and taken.

    -mrnelson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shot, and even greater story!
    Ollie is not a transvestite - he's just gender confused. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to hear the stories behind your photos! A picture is worth 1000 words, but don't tell why they are special things to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Old teddy s rule! I am going to post a photo of my old James bear soon. Tis a great way to make use of your daughters dress and shows.

    ReplyDelete