
Most of my DVDs live in a DVD case. I rarely keep the clamshells unless the movie is really special. This small set is a collection of the Romero zombie movies (The Crazies just doesn’t fit in). These movies get to live on display because Night of the Living Dead was an important film for me. I saw it for the first time when I was about 11 or 12 on USA UP all night. It was one of the first (and only) movies I saw that actually scared me and left me feeling a bit something at the end. After that movie, I couldn’t wait to see more and it led me to lots of Hitchcock, 12 Angry Men, Mildred Pierce and a host of bad 80’s slasher films. I still love a good zombie flick and try to catch as many low budget brain eating flicks as I can. It is my mission to meet Romero before he dies or quits doing the convention circuits. I’m hoping to catch him sometime next year when he promotes his next film.
Until tomorrow,
BRRRAAAAIIIIIINNNNSSSSSSSSS……………..

Oh, those are soooo not my kinda movies, but it's funny that of all your DVDs there are just those few that you feel deserve display. Very quaint, and another great revelation shot about you! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGreat story again! It made me remember the 80s movie 'Bad Taste'. Never again did I see a movie with such a fitting title (unlike The Neverending Story, for example).
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have lived! I haven't watched anything liken those movies. Probably the nearest I've got is watching Doctor Who - doesn't really fir in the same category does it!! We're learning more and more about you each day!
ReplyDeleteWhat a marvelous way for us to get a glimpse into what makes you tick....bravo!
ReplyDeleteYou would get along great with my husband. He loves those types of movies. Not me, I'm chicken. Your theme is very interesting, I can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteDon't enjoy slashy movies at all, but a good horror flick, that's another story.
ReplyDeleteHave you seen House of Wax? I had to walk home alone after that - it was the most scared I've ever been.
Good glimpse of your life, thanks!
Romero rules!
ReplyDeleteGreat shot.
-mrnelson
My son would probably propose to you if he saw this, lol! He's a huge Romero/zombie fan too. Neat pic!
ReplyDeleteI tend to hide behind cushions or whatever is handy when watching scary suspense movies but I do like those zombie movies...they make an exciting display...with the brains...
ReplyDelete