
This is an item picked up on a scavenger hunt around 1999. A group of friends and I would spend weekend nights travelling the town looking for kooky list items like business cards and community watch signs. The budget was always 10 bucks and one week a my group ended up with the tackiest thing in Wal-mart within the budget. This is what we came up with. It looks cute, until you turn it around and reveal its secret.. a toilet brush holder! Ha! OK. It isn’t as funny now as it was then. I’ve never actually used it, as evidenced by the dirt collected in it. He’s lived one of my bathrooms since the night we picked him up. I never did name him, I suppose I should it is now obvious that he’s staying!

Listen, I'm not sure if dirt collected in the bottom of a toilet brush holder is evidence that is has never been used... but I like the almost two-tone photo. And the story and the way the dog smiles are both priceless :)
ReplyDeleteOh, he's cute, and with such a smug expression on his face! He definitely looks like he's hiding something. Oh, it's a brush! Sounds like it was a fun night.
ReplyDeleteI like him and I think you should name him Louie
ReplyDeleteI like the selective lighting technique you used to make this really monochromatic
ReplyDeleteI'd never guess his dirty little secret by looking at his cute face! :P
ReplyDeleteSo cute - not tacky at all! :D Nice post-processing.
ReplyDeleteHe's so smiley and sweet, not a bit tacky at all.
ReplyDeleteHaha! He looks so good and clean from the front! Nice blurry effect on the first picture.
ReplyDeleteCute useful object. I would use it.
ReplyDeleteGood idea to give it a spotlight effect.
Nice picture. I think it probably should have been moved so you could get the shot without the pedestal of the sink in the frame, but it's still good.
ReplyDelete-mrnelson
He's got that naughty little smile, all right. How about naming him 'potty pooch'.. or poo poo pookie... :)
ReplyDeleteIt´s so cut. I would love to have this dog in my zoo! In my oppinion, only to contribute to your job, I would like to see the entire image, with not withe blur in the borders. But it´s only a detail. COngrats!
ReplyDeleteCute!
ReplyDeleteNicely done. I like the vignetting that you chose to emphasize the dalmation.
ReplyDeleteAwww he is cute and looks eager to please you. Love the monochromes too.
ReplyDelete