
This is only amusing once you know the story of the dog toilet brush holder. I was seeing a new fella that had been to my house a few times, but had not been around long enough to know where the Dalmatian toilet brush holder came from. When he spied this barking, (yes, it barks) soap dispenser he decided it was a perfect gift for a ceramic dog lover such as myself. It was such a well thought of gesture, I never had the guts to tell him that he missed the mark. Instead, I tried not to laugh out loud and proudly displayed my gift. I’ve long since lost the guy, turns out he missed the mark on lots of things. The Dalmatian stays though. I’m not sure when it crossed the line from dime store silliness to part of my story, but it sure has.
The dog picked up the shamrock sticker at a St. Patty’s Day party my roommate and I had soon after. She went through the house and stuck the stickers on anybody that didn’t have green on, including this soap dispenser and my real dog. I’m pretty sure this is the only sticker that lived and I’m not sure why I never removed it. Just another one of those things. :)
Oh.. pictures with mirrors in them suck eggs.

I think you did a bang up job with a mirror as a background! They scare me....ha ha
ReplyDeleteHe's a bit of a cutie, I wonder if you think of the ex-boyfriend every time you use him?
ReplyDelete(There might be a pun in that comment, not sure.)
I like the effect of the mirror - it does strange things to my eyes. Nice dog. He looks lonely though - I think you should get another one to sit beside him.
ReplyDeleteI think the mirror real plays well in the picture. Great job.
ReplyDelete-mrnelson
The texture in the wall is the most incridble in the picture. Fantastic!
ReplyDeleteI love the story made me and my lol and you did well with the mirror good shot
ReplyDeleteGreat story, and it's so funny how your ex-bloke meant so well and managed to fluff it. A person should always ask more questions before buying... Great shot and I like the inclusion of the mirror to let us see the environment it lives in, as you intended in your theme...
ReplyDeleteThis came out really well with the background and mirror. It is funny how some stickers just stay stuck. I have a black and white cow liquid soap dispenser (I wish that she mooed) LOL - She would sit real nice with your dog. That is a real story with a message or two...
ReplyDelete