Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 6: A flamingo



Looks like I'm going to be at work late tonight and considering my personal errands after work I shouldn't get home until well after my bedtime. Which means no camera because I didn't have the forethought to bring it with me on this nasty rainy day. Oh well, means W1k gets a quick break time cell phone's view of one of my favorite office trinkets.

The flamingo was a gift from a good girlfriend of mine. She bought him for me when beanie babies were all the rage and if I had to guess, I would suspect she spent a bit more than she should have on him. He's wearing fake mardi gras beads I got at universal studios orlando during one of their mardi gras celebrations. Even though that trip was more than ten years ago, it was one of the best times I ever had and I keep the beads around to remind me of it. Both the bird and the beads have lived on my home desk until I got rid of it about two years ago. I couldn't let them live anywhere but a workspace, so I brought them to my work desk. :)

6 comments:

  1. What did you do to earn those beads huh? We know.... ;-)
    -mrnelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol at MrNelsons post
    But yeah it seems you have left something out of your story this time which are usualy so complete ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't look at a fake flamingo without thinking of you! And this one's so cool. I need to take something cool to work with me too, I think. I only have some pictures of my kids and a metal slinky that irritates everyone else when I play with it. So it lies dormant. Great shot and a subtle advert for Dell! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I see photos which include monitors in the background I get really nosey and try to work out what's on the monitor. Unfortunately because this picture was taken with your cell phone there's no chance I'll ever find out. Nice flamingo though and pretty beads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good that you have your cell cam for back-up! And cute flamingo....I have some of those beads too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny the things we hang onto...and join together... they make a colourful duo.
    I think you have an e-mail prog prob Outlook on your monitor?

    ReplyDelete