Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 7: The Dragonflies



These are a boxed art project that my daughter picked out when she was about three. She saw them on the shelf at the local art store and just would not leave without them. We brought them home and tore into box and she did two and I did two. After they were finished she said that she wanted to hang them on the wall in my bedroom, so we did. When I told her that we would be moving last year, one of her first concerns was if the dragonflies were coming. So they came with us and went up on our new wall too.

Just for context, here is a photo of them in the “wild”.

9 comments:

  1. How did you get them so clear and with such a lovely white background? Nice to see them in context.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those look so pretty and lovely. It's good to see where they usually fly free, but your vertical shot really shows them off to their best. Your daughter must really be attached to them. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEEEE!!! I wanna one of this dragonflies to my theme!!! :-)
    I think that all us would like to know if you chopped the 4 dragonflies in a white background or you shot the compsition naturaly. It´s perfect and wonderful!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the bright white background, but the flies are not blown out. The colors are great, looks like a fun girlie project my daughter would like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet - I love the stark white background and bold colors. And dragonflies are so pretty. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job :D
    I love dragonflies, and these ones are so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are lovely and so colourful against the white. They look a fun project to make too.

    ReplyDelete