
I opened up my game box stored away under the stairs expected to pull one or two things out. When I started going though it I found all kinds of awesome stuff so I expect the next few days will be retro-video game related. :)
I’m sure everyone recognizes this gem of toy, but for those of you that don’t, it’s the gun that came with the original Nintendo. While it may conjure up images of a laughing dog and flying ducks for most people, it makes me think of swinging cardboard old ladies and policemen. My brother and I played hours upon hours upon hours of Hogan’s Alley and I’m not sure we every actually got good at it. When I get a bit more time, I’m going to have to hook it back up and give it another go. I bet I’m way worse at it now!
This picture isn’t the greatest, we were just playing around with the stuff when I took it, but it was my favorite one in the series so I just used it.

she's a cutie but she needs a meaner look on her face ;-)
ReplyDeletelol so cute..that old thang is about as big as she is lol Got to love the old games !!!! Good job!
ReplyDeleteK~
I like the composition of this one - the way you have a whole heap of negative space on one side and a whole heap of detail on the other.
ReplyDeleteShe means business with that look and stance.
ReplyDeleteVery well done!
I don't know if you were deliberately shooting in the way I'm seeing the picture, but I find the picture sends a very strong message about children and guns. The look on her face, the skewed angle and the darkness behind her all combine to form a powerful image.
ReplyDelete-mrnelson
I think you chose a fabulous perspective on this one - really gives a lot of character to an otherwise straight forward image. After reading MrNelson's comment, I think that is what I felt also, but I was not able to articulate it.
ReplyDeleteShe's adorable! Love the angle.
ReplyDeleteI think this one is SUPERB! The different angle of view, the gradient of light on the wall behind that really spotlights her and the pose and the way she is holding the gun really speaks volumes. Loud stuff that MrN was talking about. I totally think this one RAWKS!
ReplyDeleteShe's such a cutie! We had the same idea, it seems - I was also lying on the floor shooting pics of my son playing games. :) Great shot, and what a priceless expression.
ReplyDeleteLovely portrait, powerful pose too. I remember playing the duck game...
ReplyDelete