
Day 1 is kind of a two-fer.
In high school I had the world’s best friend. I suppose we were so close because we both knew the pains of growing up under the thumb of an addict. My friend’s mother was an amazing, talented, and inspiring woman during her highs and a pained desperate woman at her lows. My girlfriend and I did everything a pair of high school girls could do for a deeply disturbed drug addict, but in the end, the drugs won and her mother hung herself.
I hated the iguana pot and frequently poked fun at her mom for having it. Her mother always told me that when she died, she was going to leave that iguana pot to me. It has lived in my kitchens for the last 10 years as it did hers. The flower arrangement was one that my friend’s grandmother made to match the pot, it never seemed right to separate them so they live in my kitchen area as well.

Wow that pot has a story and it's not tht ugly I quite like it :)
ReplyDeleteA poignant and very sad story with a very fitting end for the pot. I quite fancy that iguana pot, as it seems a little magical! And do I spy pink flamingos again?!?! Nice start to your month of photos!
ReplyDeleteYou can hate the iguana pot, but for me is a terrific thing to take a picture! And you did it!
ReplyDeleteYour image - and history - are simple amazing!
Congrats!
I spot 2 flamingo's!
ReplyDeleteI really like the iguana pot! The flowers look like maybe they've been through the mill, but they match it really well. :)
ReplyDeleteVery original pot and well matched flower arrangement and two flamingos. What a colourful start to the journey!
ReplyDelete